Limited Enrolment — Space in the Major Program in Criminology, Law & Society is limited. To be considered for enrolment, students must meet the following minimum criteria:
- Credits: A minimum of 4.0 credits.
- Prerequisite Course(s): Students must have a final mark of at least 67% in their first successful attempt at UTM SOC100H5 or a final mark of at least 70% in each of SOC109H5 and 0.5 credit of UTM SOC at the 200 level or above. (See Note 1 below.)
- Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA): The Department of Sociology determines the minimum CGPA annually in relation to the number of applicants. It is never below 2.00.
7.0 credits are required.
- SOC205H5 and SOC221H5 and SOC222H5
- 1.0 credit from Group A, B, or C (below) at the 400-level
- 1.0 credit from Group A, B, or C (below) at the 300-level
- 1.0 credit from Group A, B, or C (below) at the 300-/400-level
- 1.5 credits from Group A, B or C (below) at any level
Note: The credits used to satisfy the higher year requirements listed above must include 3.0 credits from Group A.
Group A - Criminology, Law & Society Courses:
SOC206H5, SOC208H5, SOC210H5, SOC211H5, SOC216H5, SOC219H5, SOC301H5, SOC303H5, SOC306H5, SOC310H5, SOC311H5, SOC312H5, SOC316H5, SOC320H5, SOC321H5, SOC322H5, SOC323H5, SOC324H5, SOC325H5, SOC326H5, SOC327H5, SOC328H5, SOC329H5, SOC330H5, SOC331H5, SOC333H5, SOC337H5, SOC338H5, SOC339H5, SOC346H5, SOC351H5, SOC353H5, SOC357H5, SOC358H5, SOC363H5, SOC365H5, SOC366H5, SOC371H5, SOC378H5, SOC379H5, SOC382H5, SOC393H5, SOC394H5, SOC401H5, SOC403H5, SOC405H5, SOC406H5, SOC420H5, SOC421H5, SOC423H5, SOC424H5, SOC429H5, SOC432H5, SOC446H5, SOC447H5, SOC448H5, SOC450H5, SOC456H5, SOC475H5, SOC493H5, SOC494H5
Group B - Interdisciplinary Elective Courses:
ANT205H5, ANT209H5, ANT217H5, ANT306H5, ANT352H5, ANT354H5, ANT369H5, ANT439H5, FSC220H5, FSC239Y5, FSC271H5, FSC360H5, FSC406H5, PHL246H5, PHL265H5, PHL271H5, PHL274H5, PHL275H5, PHL277Y5, PHL365H5, PHL370H5, PHL374H5, PHL376H5 POL209H5, POL210H5, POL215H5, POL216H5, POL310Y5, POL340Y5, POL343Y5 PSY220H5, PSY230H5, PSY240H5, PSY270H5, PSY328H5, PSY340H5, PSY341H5, PSY344H5, PSY346H5, PSY440H5, SOC231H5, SOC253H5, SOC263H5, SOC275H5, SOC302H5, SOC318H5, SOC332H5, SOC342H5, SOC348H5, SOC350H5, SOC359H5, SOC364H5, SOC375H5, SOC380H5, SOC387H5, SOC388H5, SOC425H5, SOC455H5, SOC457H5, SOC460H5, SOC463H5, WGS215H5, WGS350H5, WGS351H5, WGS365H5, WGS373H5, WGS420H5
Group C - Enrichment Courses: SOC230H5, SOC299H5, SOC299Y5, SOC382H5, SOC399H5, SOC399Y5, SOC401H5, SOC403H5, SOC406H5, SOC410H5, SOC411H5, SOC412H5, SOC413H5, SOC414H5, SOC415H5, SOC416H5, SOC417H5, SOC418H5, SOC419H5, SOC420H5, SOC421H5, SOC423H5, SOC439Y5, SOC440Y5, SOC450H5, SOC452H5, SOC456H5, SOC467H5, SOC480Y5, SOC485H5, SOC499H5, SOC499Y5