Students enrolled in the specialist Geography Science program are required to complete a minimum of eight field days over the course of their program. Field days may be accumulated either through a geography field course and/or through geography courses with field day components as indicated in course descriptions.
8.0 credits and 8 Field Days are required.
First Year: 2.0 credits:
- 1.0 from GGR111H5 & GGR112H5 (formerly GGR117Y5)
- 1.0 foundational credits from: MAT132H5, MAT134H5, MAT135H5, MAT136H5, MAT137Y5, BIO152H5, BIO153H5, CHM110H5, CHM120H5, PHY100H5, PHY136H5, PHY137H5, ERS101H5
Second Year: 2.5 credits:
- 1.5 credit from GGR201H5, GGR214H5, GGR217H5, GGR227H5
- 0.5 credit from GGR202H5, GGR207H5, GGR208H5, GGR209H5, GGR210H5, GGR265H5
- 0.5 credit: GGR276H5
Third Year: 3.0 credits:
- 2.5 credits from the following: GGR304H5, GGR305H5, GGR307H5, GGR309H5, GGR315H5, GGR316H5, GGR317H5, GGR338H5, GGR374H5, GGR377H5, GGR379H5, GGR383H5, GGR384H5; JGE378H5
- 0.5 additional credit from the list above or from the following: GGR311H5, GGR312H5, GGR321H5, GGR322H5, GGR335H5, GGR337H5, GGR372H5, GGR375H5, GGR376H5
Fourth Year: 0.5 credit from:
Field Days: 8 days:
Eight days accumulated either through a geography field course and/or through geography courses with field day components as indicated in course descriptions.
ROP/Project courses: Maximum 2.0 credits:
Students may take no more than 2.0 credits combined in ROP, individual project courses, or thesis courses at the 300/400 level for credit toward a Geography Major program.