Limited Enrolment — Enrolment in this program is limited to students who have completed ENV100Y5 with a mark of 65% or higher, and who have a CGPA of at least 2.0.
12.0 credits are required, of which at least 4.0 must be at the 300-400 level, including at least 1.0 at the 400 level.
First Year: 4.0 credits:
- Environment Foundation: ENV100Y5
- Quantitative and Basic Scientific Foundation: 3.0 credits chosen from this list: ANT101H5; BIO152H5, BIO153H5; CHM110H5, CHM120H5, CSC108H5, CSC148H5; ERS101H5; GGR112H5; MAT132H5, MAT134H5, MAT135H5, MAT136H5, MAT137Y5, PHY136H5, PHY137H5, PHY146H5, PHY147H5
Be sure to look ahead and plan to complete the prerequisites for any upper-level courses that are of interest to you.
Second Year: 4.0 credits:
- Environmental Management Core: ENV201H5
- Life Science Core: 1.0 credit chosen from this list: BIO201H5, BIO205H5, BIO211H5; GGR227H5
- Physical Geographical and Earth Science Core: 1.5 credit from the following: CHM211H5, CHM231H5, CHM242H5; GGR201H5, GGR214H5, GGR217H5; ERS201H5, ERS202H5, ERS203H5; JCP221H5
- Quantitative, Digital, and Analytical Methods Core: 1.0 credit: BIO360H5, BIO361H5; CHM211H5; GGR276H5, GGR278H5; STA215H5, STA220H5, STA221H5
Upper Years: 4.0 credits:
- Environmental Science Perspective: ENV330H5
- Field, Project-based, Experiential, and Research Perspectives: 1.5 credit chosen from this list: BIO416H5; CPS401Y5; ENV299Y5, ENV399Y5, ENV496H5, ENV497H5; ERS325H5; GGR335H5, GGR379H5; JEG400Y5, JEG417Y5
- Biogeochemical Perspectives: 1.0 credits chosen from this list: BIO311H5, BIO331H5, BIO333H5, BIO373H5, BIO406H5; ENV495H5, ENV496H5; ERS312H5, ERS315H5, ERS412H5; GGR304H5, GGR305H5, GGR307H5, GGR309H5, GGR311H5, GGR315H5, GGR316H5, GGR317H5, GGR337H5, GGR338H5, GGR372H5, GGR374H5, GGR375H5, GGR376H5, GGR377H5, GGR383H5, GGR384H5, GGR404H5, GGR406H5, GGR407H5, GGR440H5, GGR479H5, GGR484H5;
- Environmental Management Perspectives: 0.5 credit chosen from this list: BIO464H5; ENV205H5, ENV310H5, ENV311H5, ENV320H5, ENV393H5, ENV425H5, ENV430H5; JEP452H5
- Social, Economic and Policy Perspectives: 0.5 credit chosen from this list: ANT357H5, ANT368H5, ANT370H5; ECO373Y5; ENV310H5, ENV311H5, ENV320H5, ENV393H5, ENV425H5, ENV430H5; GGR322H5, GGR325H5, GGR329H5, GGR333H5, GGR348H5, GGR349H5, GGR353H5, GGR361H5, GGR362H5, GGR365H5, GGR370H5, GGR419H5; JEP351H5, JEP356H5, JEP452H5; JGE378H5; JPE251H5, JPE252H5; POL343Y5, POL346Y5, POL475H5; SOC349H5, SOC356H5, SOC465H5; WRI375H5
Note: ENV490H5, ENV491H5 can substitute for #1, #2, #3, or #4 as course requirements, where appropriate, and with permission of the Program Advisor or Academic Counsellor.
Note: This is intended to be an interdisciplinary program. At least four different disciplines must be represented among the courses that are counted as program requirements. For example, a course list selected from ENV + GGR + CHM + ERS is acceptable, but a course list selected only from ENV + GGR + ERS is not. Please contact the Program Advisors or Academic Counsellor if you have any questions about the validity of your course selections.