Enrolment in this program is limited. Students wishing to enrol at the end of first year (4.0 credits) must obtain a grade of at least 'C' (63%) in both CHM110H5 and CHM120H5 and a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.50 to qualify. Students who do not meet these criteria can apply to enter the Specialist at the end of second year (8.0 credits) with the following new criteria: a grade of at least 70% in BIO206H5 and a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.50. All students (including transfer students) must complete 4.0 UTM credits before requesting this program.
Note: CGPA for enrolment in this program is calculated based on a minimum of 4.0 credits completed at UTM with final percentage grades (i.e. CR/ NCR courses are not applicable).
15.0 credits are required.
- BIO152H5 and BIO153H5
- CHM110H5 and CHM120H5
- ( MAT132H5 and MAT134H5) or MAT134Y5 or ( MAT135H5 and MAT136H5) or MAT135Y5 or ( MAT137H5 and MAT139H5) or MAT137Y5.
- 1.0 credit from: CLA201H5 or ENV100Y5 or ( ERS101H5 or ERS120H5) or PHY136H5 or PHY137H5 or PSY100Y5 or WRI173H5 or WRI307H5
Note: ( MAT132H5 and MAT134H5) - Calculus for Life Sciences is highly recommended.
- BIO206H5 and BIO207H5 and BIO259H5
- 1.0 credit from BIO202H5 or BIO203H5 or BIO205H5
- CHM242H5 and CHM243H5
- BIO314H5 and BIO315H5 and BIO342H5 and BIO360H5 and BIO370Y5 and BIO372H5
- CHM361H5 and CHM362H5 and CHM372H5 and CHM373H5
- 0.5 credit from BIO304H5 or BIO310H5 or BIO324H5 or BIO341H5 or BIO347H5 or BIO362H5 or BIO368H5 or BIO374H5 or BIO375H5 or BIO380H5 or CHM347H5 or PHY332H5 or PHY333H5 or BCH335H1 or BCH340H1
- BIO477H5 or BIO419H5**
- 1.0 credit from BIO403H5 or BIO407H5 or BIO408H5 or BIO411H5 or BIO417H5 or BIO419H5 or BIO422H5 or BIO429H5 or BIO443H5 or BIO458H5 or BIO476H5 or BIO477H5 or BIO481Y5 or BCH441H1 or CHM444H5 or CHM462H5 or CPS489Y5 or JBC472H5 or JCB487Y5 or JCP463H5 or CSB435H1 or CSB450H1 or CSB459H1 or CSB472H1 or CSB473H1 or CSB474H1 or CSB475H1 or MGY425H1 or MGY428H1 or MGY440H1 or MGY445H1 or MGY451H1 or MGY452H1 or MGY470H1 or MIJ485H1
** Please note that both BIO477H5 and BIO419H5 can be taken, but each will be counted only once in the total 1.5 credits required in this section.
- Students intending to continue into Graduate Studies should consider including a course in independent research in Year 4.
- Students may take no more than 2.0 credits combined in ROP, Internship Program, Individual Project/ Thesis courses at the 300/400-level for credit toward their Biology program.
- No substitute statistics course will be allowed for BIO360H5.