Limited Enrolment — Enrolment in the Specialist program is limited to students with a minimum of 4.0 credits, including:
- STA107H5 or STA256H5 (with a minimum grade of 60%);
- MAT137Y5 or MAT157Y5 or MAT134H5 (minimum 60%) or MAT136H5 or MAT134Y5 or MAT135Y5 or MAT233H5 (minimum 55%); and
- A minimum cumulative grade point average, to be determined annually.
- All students must complete 4.0 U of T credits before requesting this program. Courses with a grade of CR/NCR will not count as a part of the 4.0 credits required for program entry.
12.0-12.5 credits are required.
- ( MAT132H5 and MAT134H5) or ( MAT135H5 and MAT136H5) or MAT134Y5 or MAT135Y5 or MAT137Y5 or MAT157Y5
- MAT223H5 or MAT240H5
- STA302H5 and STA304H5 and STA305H5 and STA348H5
- 2.0 STA credits at the 300/400 level
- 2.0 credits from CSC322H5 or ( CSC311H5 or CSC411H5) or MAT302H5 or MAT311H5 or MAT332H5 or MAT334H5 or MAT344H5 or ( MAT337H5 or MAT378H5)
- 1.0 STA credit
- MAT133Y5 is included in the credit count only if the student also completes MAT233H5 (in which case MAT232H5 is not required).
- ECO220Y5 cannot be substituted for STA256H5 or STA258H5 or STA260H5.
- ECO227Y5 can be substituted for STA256H5 and STA258H5, but not for STA260H5.
- STA107H5 is highly recommended in first year, but it is not required.
- MAT337H5 or MAT378H5 is highly recommend for students intending to pursue graduate level studies in statistics.