The Geography BSc offers a broad perspective on physical geography. In-depth studies include climatology, hydrology and ecosystems, with possible specialization in biogeochemistry, glaciology, landscape ecology, natural resources and urban climate. Students enrolled in the specialist Geography Science program are required to complete a minimum of eight field days over the course of their program. Field days may be accumulated either through a geography field course and/or through geography courses with field day components as indicated in course descriptions.
12.0 credits and 8 Field Days are required.
First Year: 3.0 credits:
- GGR111H5 and GGR112H5
- 2.0 credits from BIO152H5 or BIO153H5 or CHM110H5 or CHM120H5 or ERS101H5 or ISP130H5 or ( MAT132H5 or MAT135H5 or MAT137H5 or MAT157H5) or ( MAT134H5 or MAT136H5 or MAT139H5 or MAT159H5) or MAT137Y5 or PHY100H5 or PHY136H5 or PHY137H5
Second Year: 3.0 credits:
- GGR276H5 and GGR278H5
- 1.5 credits from GGR201H5 or GGR214H5 or GGR217H5 or GGR227H5
- 0.5 credit from GGR202H5 or GGR207H5 or GGR208H5 or GGR209H5 or GGR210H5 or GGR265H5 or GGR288H5
Third Year: 4.5 credits:
- 3.5 credits from GGR304H5 or GGR305H5 or GGR307H5 or GGR309H5 or GGR315H5 or GGR316H5 or GGR317H5 or GGR338H5 or GGR374H5 or GGR377H5 or GGR379H5 or GGR383H5 or GGR384H5 or JGE378H5
- 1.0 credit from the list above or from the following: GGR311H5 or GGR312H5 or GGR321H5 or GGR322H5 or GGR335H5 or GGR337H5 or GGR372H5 or GGR375H5 or GGR376H5
Fourth Year: 1.5 credit:
Field Days: 8 days
Eight days accumulated either through a geography field course or through geography courses with field day components as indicated in course descriptions.
ROP/Project courses: Maximum 2.0 credits
Students may take no more than 2.0 credits combined in ROP, individual project courses, or thesis courses at the 300/400 level for credit toward a Geography Specialist program.