The Geography BSc offers a broad perspective on physical geography. In-depth studies include climatology, hydrology and ecosystems, with possible specialization in biogeochemistry, glaciology, landscape ecology, natural resources and urban climate. Students enrolled in the specialist Geography Science program are required to complete a minimum of eight field days over the course of their program. Field days may be accumulated either through a geography field course and/or through geography courses with field day components as indicated in course descriptions.
Within an Honours degree, 12.0 credits and 8 Field Days are required.
First Year: 3.0 credits:
- 1.0 from GGR111H5 & GGR112H5 (formerly GGR117Y5)
- 2.0 foundational credits from: MAT132H5, MAT134H5, MAT135H5, MAT136H5, MAT137Y5, BIO152H5, BIO153H5, CHM110H5, CHM120H5, PHY100H5, PHY136H5, PHY137H5, ERS101H5
Second Year: 3.0 credits:
- 1.5 credit from GGR201H5, GGR214H5, GGR217H5, GGR227H5
- 0.5 credit: GGR276H5
- 0.5 credit: GGR272H5, GGR278H5
- 0.5 credit from GGR202H5, GGR207H5, GGR208H5, GGR209H5, GGR210H5, GGR265H5, GGR288H5
Third Year: 4.5 credits:
- 3.5 credits from the following: GGR304H5, GGR305H5, GGR307H5, GGR309H5, GGR315H5, GGR316H5, GGR317H5, GGR338H5, GGR374H5, GGR377H5, GGR379H5, GGR383H5, GGR384H5, JGE378H5
- 1.0 credit from the list above or from the following: GGR311H5, GGR312H5, GGR321H5, GGR322H5, GGR335H5, GGR337H5, GGR372H5, GGR375H5, GGR376H5
Fourth Year: 1.5 credit:
- 1.0 credit from GGR417Y5, JEG400Y5
- 0.5 credit from: GGR404H5, GGR406H5, GGR407H5, GGR479H5, GGR484H5
8 days Eight days accumulated either through a geography field course or through geography courses with field day components as indicated in course descriptions.
ROP/Project courses: Maximum 2.0 credits
Students may take no more than 2.0 credits combined in ROP, individual project courses, or thesis courses at the 300/400 level for credit toward a Geography Specialist program.