Limited Enrolment: — Admission is based on the following criteria:
- Credits: Students must have a minimum of 4.0 credits.
- Prerequisite Course(s): Students must have a minimum final mark of 65% in SOC100H5, OR a final mark of 67% in each of two 0.5 credit SOC courses at the 200 level or above.
- Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA): The Department of Sociology determines the CGPA requirement each admission period in relation to the number of applicants and it is never below 2.00.
Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee admission.
4.0 credits in Sociology are required.
- 2.5 SOC credits at the 200 level
- 1.0 SOC credit at the 300 level
Students are not permitted to take any of the following courses elsewhere:
If any of the above credits are completed outside of UTM, students will be required to complete the UTM version of the course and it will be designated as an EXT course. Special consideration may be given to new students assessed for transfer credit at UTM.