Limited Enrolment — Space in the Specialist Program in Sociology is limited. To be considered for enrolment, students must meet the following minimum criteria:
- Registration Status: Current enrolment in the Sociology Major program.
- Credits: A minimum of 8.0 credits.
- Prerequisite Courses: SOC100H5 and SOC221H5 and SOC222H5 and SOC231H5 with a minimum average of 73% across all courses.
- Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA): The Department of Sociology determines the minimum CGPA annually in relation to the number of applicants. It is never below 2.00.
Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee admission.
10.0 credits of SOC are required.
- SOC221H5 and SOC222H5 and SOC231H5
- SOC350H5 and SOC387H5 and SOC439Y5
- 5.0 credits of SOC, of which 3.0 credits must be at the 300/400-level
- 1.0 credit from SOC230H5 or SOC299H5 or SOC299Y5 or SOC382H5 or SOC399H5 or SOC399Y5 or SOC401H5 or SOC403H5 or SOC406H5 or SOC410H5 or SOC411H5 or SOC412H5 or SOC413H5 or SOC414H5 or SOC415H5 or SOC416H5 or SOC417H5 or SOC418H5 or SOC419H5 or SOC420H5 or SOC421H5 or SOC423H5 or SOC440Y5 or SOC450H5 or SOC452H5 or SOC456H5 or SOC467H5 or SOC480Y5 or SOC485H5 or SOC499H5 or SOC499Y5
Students are not permitted to take any of the following courses elsewhere:
If any of the above credits are completed outside of UTM, students will be required to complete the UTM version of the course and it will be designated as an EXT course. Special consideration may be given to new students assessed for transfer credit at UTM.