Limited Enrolment — Enrolment in the Specialist Program in History and Political Science is limited.
- Students enrolling at the end of first year (4.0 credits) must obtain a mark of at least 70% in 1.0 POL credit and a mark of at least 70% in 1.0 HIS credit and have a Cumulative Grade Point Average of 2.00.
- Students enrolling at the end of second year (8.0 credits) must obtain a mark of at least 70% in each of 2.0 POL credits and a mark of at least 70% in each of 2.0 HIS credits and a have Cumulative Grade Point Average of 2.30.
14.0 credits are required.
7.0 credits are required.
0.5 HIS credits at the 200-level.
Higher Years: At least 1.0 credits at the 200+level from two different geographical areas:
1. Africa, Latin America, & the Caribbean
2. Asia and the Middle East
3. Canada & U.S.A.
2.0 credits at the 300+level credits.
1.0 HIS credit at the 400-level.
2.0 additional HIS credits at the 200+level.
Note: 2.0 HIS credits must correspond in region or theme to 2.0 of the POL credits chosen.
1. Specialists may substitute acceptable non-HIS courses taught elsewhere at U of T Mississauga for up to 1.0 of the HIS credits.
2. The Department of Historical Studies Handbook identifies substitutions, courses satisfying division requirements. It is available online at:
7.0 credits in POL are required, including at least 1.0 at the 300 level and 1.0 at the 400 level and no more than 1.0 at the 100 level.
1. POL200Y5 and POL215H5 and POL216H5
2. 1.0 credit from two of the following three fields: Comparative Politics, International Relations, Public Policy and Administration
3. 4.0 Additional POL credits.