Limited Enrolment – Enrolment in this program is limited to students with:
- [ ECO100Y5 (minimum 70%) or (a minimum 70% grade in each of ECO101H5 and ECO102H5)]; and
- ECO206Y5 (minimum 60%) and ECO208Y5 (minimum 60%); and
- ECO227Y5 (minimum 60%) or [ STA258H5 (minimum 60%) and STA260H5 (minimum 60%)]; and
- One of the following:
- MAT135Y5 (minimum 63%) and MAT223H5 (minimum 63%); or
- MAT135H5 (minimum 63%) and MAT136H5 (minimum 63%) and MAT223H5 (minimum 63%); or
- MAT133Y5 (minimum 80%) and MAT233H5 (minimum 63%); or
- MAT134Y5 (minimum 63%) and MAT223H5 (minimum 63%); or
- MAT132H5 (minimum 63%) and MAT134H5 (minimum 63%) and MAT223H5 (minimum 63%); or
- MAT137Y5 (minimum 60%) and MAT223H5 (minimum 63%); or
- MAT137H5 (minimum 60%) and MAT139H5 (minimum 60%) and MAT223H5 (minimum 63%)
Students should apply for this program at the end of their second year (8.0 credits), once they have completed the prerequisites listed above. It is recommended that students apply to the Economics Major program (ERMAJ1478) at the end of their first year (4.0 credits).
Students enrolled in this program cannot be simultaneously enrolled in the Financial Economics Specialist (ERSPE2722), Eco Major (ERMAJ1478), Eco Minor (ERMIN1478), or Commerce and Finance (ERSPE2034) program.
13.0 credits are required.
1. ECO100Y5 or ( ECO101H5 and ECO102H5)
2. MAT133Y5 or MAT134Y5 or ( MAT132H5 and MAT134H5) or MAT135Y5 or ( MAT135H5 and MAT136H5) or MAT137Y5 or ( MAT137H5 and MAT139H5);
3. MAT223H5 or MAT233H5
1. ECO206Y5 and ECO208Y5 and [ ECO227Y5 or ( STA258H5 and STA260H5)]
2. ECO325H5 and ECO326H5 and ECO375H5
3. 1.0 credit in Economic History from: ( ECO302H5 and ECO303H5) or ECO322Y5 or ECO323Y5
4. 5.0 additional 300+ level ECO credits, including at least 1.0 at the 400 level
- Economics Specialist Program ERSPE1478 leads to an Honours BA degree.
- Economics (Commerce and Finance) Specialist Program ERSPE0137 can only be taken jointly with the Specialist program in Commerce, and thus leads to a BCom degree.
- Enrolment in Economics (Commerce) Specialist Program ERSPE0137 Program is open only to those who have been admitted to the BCom degree program.
- ECO205Y5, ECO244Y5 and ECO261H5 cannot be used to fulfill the requirements for this program.